Registration – Step by step
To take part of FAMUN 2019, the following steps are necessary:
STEP ONE – Eligibility
High school and university level conferences will operate separately with the exception of Opening and Closing ceremonies. The eligibility criteria for each path is:
- High School delegation: individual/group ofstudents enrolled in High School or students below 18 who have completed High School and are enrolled in a preparatory program (“cursinho”). High school groups are required to be accompanied by at least one faculty advisor.
- University path: individual/group ofstudents enrolled in a University program or students over 18 who havecompleted High School and students enrolled in “Cursinho” programs);
STEP TWO – Choose a Head Delegate
The Head Delegate is the student responsible for registering his/her delegation in the conference. After filling in the Part 1 of the registration form, he/she will receive a login and password to the registration system, and will be responsible for receiving all the information provided by the Secretariat. Head Delegates must be present at all the Head Delegates Meetings during the Conference as well.
STEP THREE – Insert the information of your delegation and Faculty Advisors
After the Head Delegate register the delegation, all delegates and the Faculty Advisors must insert their personal information (Part 2 of the registration form). In this part, delegates can include their committees/council/court preferences.
STEP FOUR – Fee payments
Each delegate and faculty advisor has to pay a fee to participate. Delegate fees vary according the day you registered. The fees are the following:
- Early Registration High School (1 May to 23 June 2019):
- Individual up to 4 delegates: R$ 60
- Groups of 5 or more delegates: R$ 30
- Early Registration University (1 May to 23 June 2019):
- Individual up to 4 delegates: R$ 100
- Groups of 5 or more delegates: R$ 80
- Regular and Late Registration High School (24 June to 31 August 2019):
- Individual up to 4 delegates: R$ 80
- Groups of 5 or more delegates: R$ 40
- Regular and Late Registration University (24 June to 31 August 2019):
- Individual up to 4 delegates: R$ 120
- Groups of 5 or more delegates: R$ 100
- Faculty Advisors (individual fee): R$ 50
Registrations can be paid in 2 instalments, as long as the first instalment is paid until 10 July 2019.
After filling in Parts 1 and 2 of the registration form, the Head Delegate has 5-week days to execute the fee payment through an identified deposit in our bank account. The information for the deposit is available in the login area.
After the payment, the Head Delegate needs to attach the payment receipt through the login area. The proper payment of all fees is an obligatory condition to validate a registration.
If the payment is not executed or the payment receipt is not attached in 5 days after registration, your delegation’s registration will be canceled.
Registration Fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
STEP 5 – Wait for your representation assignment
The first round of representation assignment will start in June. Representations will be allocated by the FAMUN Organization Commission, according to the date of registration and the assigned preferences of delegations in the Registration Form. Also, a distributive principle among institutions will be followed. Assignments are final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
STEP 6 – Prepare yourself for the conference!
Check out the “Preparation” part of our website and get some tips on how to deliver a speech and write a position paper. Get more information on the rules of procedure and the content of your topic. Also, pay attention to the authorizations you have to bring with you in the first day of the conference. Finally, do not forget to follow our social media to have updates on the conference!
In order to attend FAMUN 2019, each participant must sign this liability waiver prior to arriving at the conference. In the case that a minor under the age of 18 is attending, the parent or guardian of the minor must read and sign the liability waiver along with the participant.
NOTE: The signature of the parent or legal guardian will only be considered valid with official recognition from the national authorities in the country of origin of the student. For Brazilians, the signature of the parent or guardian must be “reconhecida em cartório”.
Portuguese Version: download here
English Version: download here