Content provided to FAMUN as part of the WIMUN affilitation
The following awards will be given out at FAMUN 2021:
Each Committee/Council will award a single Diplomacy Awards to the delegate that best exhibits the spirit of diplomacy. The Diplomacy Award represents the delegates in the Committee/Council that pursue consensus, cooperation, and negotiation throughout conference. Delegates who are awarded a Diplomacy Award at FAMUN 2021 must fulfill the following criteria during the entire conference:
- Act in the spirit of the United Nations and its values;
- Actively pursue consensus throughout negotiations;
- Contributes enthusiastically to the drafting of a resolution and raises issues relevant to the pursuit of consensus;
- Actively listens to concerns of other delegations;
- Actively proposes alternative solutions and compromises during Informal Negotiations;
- Engage with other delegates diplomatically and respectfully;
- Be prepared for opening remarks which are informative with regards to the country’s policy and ensure that other delegates gain an understanding of the position the country a delegate is representing;
- Have submitted a Position Paper prior to the conference and actively reflect the positions and solutions proposed in it throughout committee sessions;
- Attend all sessions of training and debate.
Position Paper Award
Each Committee/Council will award a single Position Paper Award to the delegate whose document demonstrates exemplary writing and understanding of the topic at hand. A document worthy of the Position Paper Award will:
- Follow the structure outlined by FAMUN 2021 and organize its ideas thoughtfully;
- Utilize thoughtful, concise grammar and language;
- Reflect a firm grasp on the committee’s topic of debate;
- Be solution-oriented and acknowledge other points of view;
- Original writing and no plagiarism.
Note: High School Security Council Presidents are eligible for awards, including a Position Paper award or Diplomacy Award. Presidents will be evaluated only in their capacity as a delegate representing their Member State and not in their ability to fulfil their duties as President.